Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today's Hike

Im enjoying being in the upstate, its much different here than the sandhills where I live..
SO today I went hiking at the Keowee Toxaway State Natual Area. ITs a beautiful Oak Hickory forest with a meandering swift Poe Creek following along the trail..there is a Natural Bridge where the creek passes underneath..

Here is a quick slideshow of SOME of the things I enjoyed..


This trip today is covered in the Waterfall Hikes of the Upstate By Thomas E King, on pages 182-186.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful selection. I love the ones with the leaves lying on the rocks, and the bee on the yellow flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks like a great place. You got the bee's knees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL thats right Diana, I thought of that when I saw the bee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I especially love natural bridges. That's a handy book to have.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!