Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update from my Corner-

                                                    

my junk shop purchases

  I've been home since Thrusday... I had a good time up in the mountains---Indy and I enjoyed our hiking and junk shopping...I purchased that painting--by an amatuer painter Jim McPeak...I know the hard work that goes into it so I can appreciate the fact that this one ended up in a junk shop! I paid $8 for it---and see that little pitcher in the window--that was my other purchase--I love anything that has a native motiff on it and the colors were perfect to add to my collection- We saw some super birds at the duck pond or better known as Oak Grove lake- 


   




 Then we saw this beautiful blue eyed Double Crested Cormorant-diving for food and gliding so easily in the water...then he flew overhead with wings outstretched like a glider...

   Double Crested Cormorant

And a sleeping Canada Goose, 



 And the Pied Billed Grebe...been a while since Ive seen one of these guys...they dive to the bottom of the pond for food--they are small...about the size of an American Coot-

   




 I finished up a painting I was working on...call this Moon Enlightened Its a fantasy genre' a unicorn screaming at a very BIG full moon while he plays in a waterfall--

   



 And that wasnt enough to keep me busy so I wanted some tye dyed shirts and couldnt find any in my size...they had them for kids..(that should be telling me something) so I got 3 colors and did my own, just like we did when I was 16!! NOW onto my sox--haha.

   

3 comments:

  1. I love browsing around junk shops too; always find something of interest.
    Great bird pictures Dixxe. Especially like that Pied Billed Grebe; he looks so unusual.
    Excellent painting. You have a great talent.
    And tye dye t's. That takes me back lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dixee, It's great to be back :)

    It's always fun to poke around in junk shops, there's no telling what you may find. The jug on the windowsill looks interesting. Lovely to see your bird photos too, I love the Heron.

    The Unicorn painting is great, you are certainly very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your painting. You did a fine job on the shirts. I too love browsing around in junk shops. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!