Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Twilight Photography-

ITS been very cold and if not cold and windy, then rain--other areas are having record snow fall! This winter has provided some challenges. Getting out with the camera when your hands are freezing is not very pleasant!! I think the desert rats have the right idea right about now!!
But there was that one night I decided to brave the cold and took a drive over by the Power Substation and snapped these shots! Im usually photo-shopping power lines, telephone poles, and other bits of unbanization, out of my photos....but this time I went in seach of it!! Its very heavily forested where I live so just finding an opening in the canopy is a challenge (cant see the forest for the trees sort of).

The western sun was lighting my way to the substation--

Sunset Hwy


Twilight Zone

These towers looked pretty snazzy against that twilight blue sky--

Power Tower

Over by the airport there is a large tract of open area..and a good sunset can be seen from here..

sunset at the airstrip

Not far away is my target the substation---the power grid--

The Grid

The air was cooling off the bit of warmth of the day and there was ice still on the trees so the fog rolled in on my way back home---

Foggy bottoms

I want to learn how to do some star trails...maybe when it gets warmer!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way the road curves in the first picture. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated!