Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time to catch up...

My Whirl Wind week is over...we took my sis to the airport today and this afternoon is the first time Ive had to sit down and make a blog...since the show in Atlanta. I am so proud of my son and his hard work..and he got a promotion at work, he is now in manager of the fitness center..so he is climbing the ladder!



We had a wonderful week, going non stop and enjoyed a fabulous time...I miss sis so much already and her plane hasnt landed yet!...But this is the way of todays families to be scattered to the 4 corners of the planet. We had a wonderful time at the beach it was so refreshing to be by the sea again...and during off season with cheap rates even Better!..





We got a wonderful suite for 1/2 price..at the Palms Resort. We had a couple of nice beach walks, we played put- put golf, we went shopping, we dined out, we hit the hot tub, the heated indoor and the heated outdoor pools, we had coffee while relaxing on the lounge chairs and listening to the waves crash...it was perfect.


mom relaxing at the Palms 

I took a walk early on Thursday morning hoping to catch the sunrise but dark thunderheads had crept in during the night and all I saw was a pink tint for a few minutes then the black clouds rolled in threatening but it never rained! The fishermen were out in force and kites were flying it was Great!...many Canadians this time of year and no screaming kids, thank goodness for "after labor day" for those of us who have raised our families and dont really want to deal with all the teens and crying babies...Relaxing---it was no lines, no traffic, no problem!...


Flickr Ate MY Photos

We headed down to Huntington Beach State Park before we left and enjoyed seeing tons of egrets, woodstorks, alligators, crabs, fish, its a great place to explore.

NOW Ive got one week to get my artwork finished and thats the last thing on my plate between me and the perfect fall weather which I want to get out in and begin digging. Im hoping to get my new garden ground turned before it turns cold...so lots of work to be done there. Im sorry I know Ive missed a lot of blogs there is no way I can go back and read them all so Ill begin to catch up as I can...I missed all your great photos and stories! Ive been trying to get some of my photos uploaded to Flickr...and just winding down from a perfect week. Here are some thumbnails of our travels.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!